Latest Posts

Gluten Free Chocolate & Peanut Cookies

By 20:05 , , ,


These are great.  Really great.  Not even just gluten free (and paleo!) great but serve them up for anyone and everyone great.

This recipe is adapted from one of my favourite bloggers (Organic Olivia) of whom is always educating me on important topics such as natural healing and alternative medicine.  I made these cookies to go with some banana ice cream (frozen bananas + peanut butter, blend and serve) and enjoyed them so much I thought I'd share.  They're easy, they're tasty and most importantly, they are cookies.

You will need;
  • 3 Tablespoons of Organic Almond Butter (stir it up so it's thick, you don't want an oily consistency)
  • 3 Tablespoons Crunchy Organic Peanut Butter
  • 4 Tablespoons of Coconut Sugar (I use organic coconut palm sugar by Biona)
  • 2 Tablespoons of Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder (I use Green & Blacks)
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
  • 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • (Optional) Dark/Vegan Chocolate or Chocolate Chips 
Preheat your oven to 180c.  Mix your almond butter, peanut butter and coconut sugar together.  Next add the egg and mix thoroughly until a dough consistency forms.  Once a dough has formed, add the vanilla extract, baking powder and cocoa powder and combine.  If you want, add your bits of chocolate/chocolate chips and fold them into the dough.  Roll small balls from the dough and place them on some baking parchment.  Flatten them slightly if you want a traditional cookie shape otherwise leave them in balls for a thicker middle.  Cook for 10 minutes, remove, wait to cool and enjoy!

If you want to serve up ice cream sandwiches, don't make the rookie mistake I did and impatiently throw your ice cream into the mix whilst the cookies are still warm.  Or do if you are that impatient.  It happens to the best of us.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Mike! You are one of my favourite culinary geniuses so this is much appreciated :)

      Delete
  2. Hey! I LOVE your blog! I've made the garlic bread (my whole family loved it an were shocked when I told them what I made it with) but I was just wondering if I could ask you a question?
    I struggle finding healthy and quick foods in supermarkets and was wondering what the best stuff to eat on the go would be?

    Thanks
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that's very sweet, I'm glad everyone enjoyed the bread and allowed some cauliflower into their life. I have this problem too as I'm always on the go - some of my favourite snacks to pick up are small bags of nuts and dried fruit and any sort of green juice if I can (they're so filling). For actual 'quick' supermarket food I don't tend to focus on calories but instead ingredient content....if I pick up a salad and see it has load of excess ingredients id rather opt for something much simpler. You can't go wrong with crudités and hummus, a salad with nuts and light cheese (feta etc) or a sandwich on some sort of whole grain bread with light simple fillings! I hope this helps/makes sense let me know if it doesn't X

      Delete
  3. I've made it again today as I Love the 'Bread' so much :')
    And Yes this has helped a lot thanks you :)
    I normally pick up pasta but since reading your reply I've opted for crudités and hummus or a simple sandwich etc :D x

    PS: I am know addicted to any green drink! X

    ReplyDelete